My husband and I recently traveled for our wedding anniversary. Being alone as a couple (without the kids) was an incredible experience.
As usual, I wanted meaningful conversation, so I brought some conversation starters with me. I'm sharing them with you here.
This year, we visited Tulum, Mexico. It was so beautiful. Below, you'll find some of my Tulum favorites.
Couples' Conversation Starter Questions
- What do you think I think about your work/hobbies/habits?
- What have you learned or discovered about me in the past few months that you didn't know before?
- How do you think our relationship has evolved in the past year?
Couples Trip Games
- Word Association: One person says a word, and the other has to say the first word that comes to mind. Continue back and forth.
- Guess the Ingredient: While tasting the food, try to guess all the ingredients used.
- Charades: Act out a word or phrase without speaking while the other person guesses. You can make it more challenging by setting themes or categories
- One Word Story: Create a story where each person can only say one word at a time. It often turns out hilarious!
- Rhyme Time: One person says a word, and the other has to respond with a word that rhymes. Continue back and forth until someone gets stumped.
- Sound Effects Story: One person tells a story, and the other has to provide all the sound effects.
I'm a big fan of Michael Sandel's class, and enjoy pondering difficult topics with others to guess what we would do. Here are a small handful that I got online.
- Should individuals have the right to sell their organs, or does this commodify human life?
- Is it morally acceptable to punish someone for a crime they are certain to commit in the future but haven't yet committed?
- Should we consider intentions or only outcomes when judging the morality of an action?
- Should we prioritize preserving cultural traditions, even if they conflict with modern ethical views?
- Is it ethical to intervene in nature, even if it's for the benefit of the environment or other species?
Pick a news headline and brainstorm what you would do if you were a decision-maker in that scenario.
Headline: "Will Smith slapped Chris Rock at the 2022 Academy Awards after a joke about Jada Pinkett Smith."
Broad Question: In a world where actions are instantly broadcasted globally, how do we balance personal reactions with the responsibility of public decorum, especially for celebrities?
What would you do if you were the event organizer of the Academy Awards?
What would you do if you were a fellow celebrity witnessing the incident?
- Visit the City of Arts in Uh May
- Order the raw seafood options at Bagatelle
- Stay at Villa Pescadores eco-lodge
- Visit Kin Toh to see crazy architecture
- Have dinner at Arkana
- Check out these amusement parks: Xplor, Xel ha, Xavage