Questions for Couples
When we did our marriage prep, we took tons of classes, workshops, and books to prepare for the steps ahead. With each of those experiences, we learned something. Often, the questions helped us discover ourselves and each other in a new light.
- What do you admire most about your parents?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you be?
- What is something you’re amazing at?
- Have you ever broken any bones or had surgery?
- How do you feel about therapy/counseling?
- What is still on your bucket list? What is off?
- What activity or characteristic would like this relationship to have more of?
- Share a time you were really scared.
- What does spirituality mean to you?
- What gives you hope?
- How did your family resolve disagreements?
- Did you feel like you were able to make decisions in your family growing up?
- Name one thing you feel ashamed about.
- How would you describe your relationship with anxiety?
- Have you ever experienced something you couldn’t explain with logic alone?
- What is something you’ve tried once, that you’d never want to try again?
- What did you learn from previous relationships?
- What do you usually get praised for... and what do you wish you were praised for?
- What did you want to be when you grew up? Is any part of that alive in you today?
- What would you do if you had more time?
- What would you do for work if money were not an issue?
- What do I not know about you, that you’d rather me not know?
- How can I be a better partner for you this week?
- What does it take for a place to feel like home?
- What are three things you feel insecure about?
- What makes for a great date?
- What things worry you about the future? Marriage
- What does marriage mean to you?
- What scares you about a life shared together?
- What are you excited about for a life shared
- What was missing from your childhood that you
- wouldn’t want to be missing from your kids’ childhood?
Leave a comment