Questions for Friends
The kinds of friendships we have vary– whether we know them little or a lot, in one context or several. We may want to have conversations that go deeper than usual, or that reveal to us a new angle we hadn’t known before. It helps to really know what’s going on in their lives so we can be there for them to celebrate the joys and support in the sorrows.
- What’s been on your mind this week?
- What gives you hope?
- What’s the hardest thing you’re going through?
- What are you delighting in lately?
- What skills or lessons did you learn during the pandemic?
- What did you discover you can live without?What were you surprised to miss?
How did the pandemic will transform you?
- What communities or groups are you involved with, and what makes them meaningful to you?
- What was your favorite book growing up?
- Can you share a time you really struggled in life?
- Did you ever try to run away from home as a kid?
- What was your favorite childhood toy?
- What are holidays like in your family?
- Do you have any traditions you follow?
- What was one of the best trips you’ve ever taken?
- What games did you play as a child?
- What recipes did your family make?
What family stories can you recall?
- Could you share the story of a time you were
- heartbroken, and what was the worst part about it?
- What have you changed your mind about lately?
- How would you describe your family’s political stance and how that is shared among you?
- What is the worst thing you got in trouble for as a
What’s a quote or motto that you often repeat?
If you won $1M, which charity would you give it to?
What do you think of gambling?
- Fill in the blank: If you knew me, you’d know that x. If
- you really knew me, you’d know that x.
- Which two values do you find imperative, and what is
- the story of how you came to believe so firmly in them?
- How has the current political situation affected you?
- What is the worst email you’ve sent by accident?
- Do you have any superstitions?
Leave a comment